The world was expecting a BIG note from apple on the iPad.. Every ear is tuned to the release and notes on what they are going to bring in next. Apple/Mac followers like me went further to see if there is any sneak news about Ipad all through the internet. News about a competition for IPAD, and also rumours and spy shots of Ipad in gadgets websites, and inturn apple writing back to them saying they would be taken to court etc.. gave a lots of expectation. Then the news reel that said apple taking cold shoulders with mcgraw hill for a leak.. (check the video in the below link)
And then the usual mac style release of the product demo, about experience and their usual tactics of claiming that “this is going to be the most incredible experience in the world”.
Check this out, the IPAD demo
Finally this turns out to be a enlarged version of a ordinary (very ordinary) touch pad which can
1. do only one job at a time,
2. making people to get convinced that this is the best way to browse the net
3. lack of a full-blown, Flash-enabled browser
4. convincing that this is the mode where photogalleries would look the best
5. having the world in hand
Does this real selling point that Apple have?? There are few questions which comes to mind when I personally see this.
1. Does this have a real edge like other Apple’s products?
2. When we compare other touchpad’s and tablets in the market this is way behind. Should we then compare this at all? or does this belong to any other segment?
3. Where does this fit for our needs? If i already have a laptop, desktop, iphone, Where is this getting its place.. does this have real place for our needs?? or should I spend $499 or $699 just to get a real feel of photogallery and reading books?
4. Is there any urgency for Apple to release newer stuff as they feel little problem with their commanding space (at the moment – mobile industry) as Google is trying to eat it? so they need to get the worlds attention back to them again to do some cross selling?
To summarise the glamour factor is definitely created just like any other release. But functionally and technologically will they be able to match it and compete and answer all the critics queries? Lets wait to see how much sweet does this apple byte gives
Check other relevant posts – (Thanks to Sydney Morning Herald )